Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School




Everyone told me that this day would be so excited and I would have so much freedom. Well, I think they left something out. This is the hardest day I have had since I first became a mother 16 years ago. Every year when I send them off to school I am sad, it is bittersweet. I miss them, but I know they love school. Well this year was so much different! Sending my last one off to school was so hard. I put on a brave face for her because she was so excited, but after she went into her classroom, I cried the whole way home. I'm not sure why I even put make up on this morning because it is all gone. I got pictures of the youngest 3 (the older two were gone before I was up and together) and they are so cute! Oh, how I miss them!!

3 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Look at the kids so darling. I know that it is hard, and I am not crying now, but ask me tomorrow how much I miss them. It is bittersweet that our kids are getting so big. I will send you my YAYA strength cause today I am okay, tomorrow I may need to hanky.

Starnes fam said...

Way to stay strong until after you dropped her off....that is impressive!
Just so you know...we should be able to make it to the open house on Saturday.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Your kids look so cute!
I agree with you, it's hard sending your kids off and trusting strangers to be good to them. Alise came home today and said (with so much enthusiasm) MOM I LOVE SCHOOL! That made me feel so much better about taking her tomorrow. I hope tomorrow will be easier for you too.