Monday, February 2, 2009

This is the day I married my friend


It was this day 18 years ago that I married my husband. He has been the best and truest friend I ever could have hoped for. I am dedicating this post to him and here are 18 reasons why I would marry him all over again! (They are in no particular order but they are all great reasons).

1. He is kind
2. He loves kids
3. He is loyal
4. He is a hard worker
5. He makes me laugh
6. He loves his mother
7. He makes a great omelet
8. He is always happy when he wakes up in the morning (I'm not!)
9. He lets me choose the restaurant when we eat out
10. He is adventurous
11. He always gives someone the benefit of the doubt
12. He is a great father to our children
13. He still looks hot at 41!
14. He still thinks I look hot after 5 kids
15. He hates to see me cry and tries to make sure I never do
16. He is true to his faith
17. He is someone you can always count on
18. He loves me!

I made the best decision on February 2, 1991 to marry this man of mine and I would gladly do it again. Happy Anniversary honey and here's to the next 18 years, I'm sure they will be just as great!!

6 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow, you guys look so little! Happy Anniversary! I am very happy for you both, 18 years is a long time.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Are you sure that is the same guy that we know.....? Just kidding!!! We love you guys and wish you another 18 more years of happy wedded bliss!!!!♥♥♥♥

Starnes fam said...

Wow...you both look like babies back them! Congrats to 18 years..what a wonderful accomplishment!

Shandy said...

ok.. that photo is CLASSIC!!! (just for the record, JOhn went with an all white tux as well (hey, it was the 90's) and now we look back and wonder WHAT we were thinking - LOL... (but maybe you guys still really like the white so disregard that last statement :P
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and 18 years is quite the accomplishment! :)
what a blessed couple you are!

Busy Lady said...

Yes, that white tuxedo was a little over the top and if we had to do it all over again we would have done black but it was the very early 90's and we thought it looked good. Whenever I look at the picture I think the same thing, what were we thinking. Especially with my hubbys olive skin, black would have worked much better. Hey we were young what did we know! I love all of the comments!!

Julie said...

Hey, I almost want to get married again (to Richard of course) so I can redo my whole wedding. I looked terrible, no one told me it wasn't cool for your face to match your dress. Please, couldn't someone have told me it is okay to fake bake before your wedding.