Friday, February 27, 2009

Sweetheart's Dance


My oldest son got asked to another "girl ask guy" dance and they went last weekend. I love how they invite each other to dances with the posters all decorated with coded messages, it makes me laugh. It also makes my son have to get creative so he can answer the girl in a clever way. He actually comes up with some great ideas, I have to give him credit for being so creative at 16.

A group of kids from our ward went to this dance together. They had dinner at Donnie Mac's, went to the dance, and then ended up at one of the kid's houses for dessert. Our car was notimated as the vehicle to cart everyone off to the dance (I guess since it seats 9) and so my son got to drive. He was quite responsible and checked in with us several times that night by cell phone. I hope he continues to be this dependable and my other kids follow in his footsteps.

It's so cool to see him growing up and doing all of the things I did as a teenager, it also makes me feel a little old. Next year is his Senior year and I can't imagine the time when he won't be with us full time, okay I am getting misty so I am going to stop. What an awesome kid!!

3 comments:

Shandy said...

oh how fun!!!
and you are so blessed to have such a responsible boy! he really is a good example to the youth :)

Jamie and Lindsey said...

They look great together! She is such a sweetheart too. Skyler is such an impressive guy, I have to agree. Gregg is his home teaching companion and from what I hear, he is a pretty special kid! You guys are great parents, I can see why.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

He looks so grown-up. I was looking thru our pictures of Idaho and found one when we lived at Cassia. He was so little and there was only 3 of the 5. How does the time fly by.....