Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Go Baby Go!!!!!!








My oldest son has played every sport out there, basketball, baseball, soccer, track, marching band, not football (thank goodness) and so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when he came home one day and said I am thinking of going out for the swim team.
He is a senior this year and he is going up against kids who have been swimming competitively since they were 3. Should I be worried, no, this is my go getter we are talking about.
I guess it doesn't matter what he does I will be excited about it. I'm a proud mama, what can I say? So when I saw his swimming yesterday I almost jumped out of my seat. He was doing the free style against 3 other boys and at first he was a little behind, then he pulled up to meet them, and then when he turned over in the pool to go to the other direction he pulled way ahead and came in first. I wanted to scream "Go Baby Go" but I didn't want to embarass him. It was so awesome to watch him, he is powerful!! He still has to shave a few seconds off of his time to qualify for state but for his first meet he did so well. Good job buddy, you have a fan in your mom!!!! (Sorry for the blurry picture, my camera was dying....)

No comments: