Monday, May 18, 2009

My Best Friend!!

Today is my best friend's "??" birthday and I wanted to dedicate my blog to her and wish her a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! We met 11 years ago when her family moved into the apartment building we were managing. The story is actually quite funny so I want to share it here - my husband was over at their apartment helping them move in and I was at home with the kids. I kept peeking out the window trying to get a look at the wife in the family to decide if she was a potential friend. I had met her husband when he came to look at the apartment but she was still in Utah. I never did get a look at her out the window but when my husband came home I gave him the third degree about what did she look like, what was her personality like etc. He was non-descript as most husbands are.

The next day we were at the park watching our kids play and I heard her husband and her come out with their baby to go for a walk. I looked back and she was chatting with another neighbor, all of the sudden I heard this laugh and I immediately knew that this woman was my soul sister. The next morning I was at her door to invite her to play group and I got no answer which was strange because they only had one car and her husband was at work. I knocked the next day and still no answer. I went back again after I saw her walk up with her baby in the stroller and she still didn't answer so I persisted knocking until she opened the door. I didn't know this at the time but she had made up her mind not to like Idaho or anyone in it. She didn't realize at the time that I was her soul sister and we were destined to be friends. I kept bugging her all that summer until eventually she started knocking on my door as well. We were neighbors for 4 years (after the apartments we built our houses right by each other) and then Utah re-claimed her with a job transfer. We still talk every day via e-mail but I miss her so much!! In honor of her birthday today, I would like to list the 10 top reasons why she is my best friend -

1. She is a great mom and is always there for her children
2. She is a fantastic wife & has stood by her husband even in tough times
3. She is a fabulous friend to anyone who takes the time to get to know her
4. She is loyal
5. She does not judge
6. She is funny and can always make me laugh
7. She is the life of any party she goes to!
8. She is creative and always makes the most amazing gifts
9. She has the greatest laugh, it is contagious
10. She is always there for me no matter what!!

Thanks Queenie for being my best friend!!!! Here's to another 11 years of friendship and more!!! I hope you have the best birthday, I wish I was there to celebrate it with you :)

2 comments:

Shandy said...

awww... I loved this!!!
not everyone can say they have a soul sister/best friend like you do - you are truly a blessed woman!

happy birthday Queenie!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am seriously in tears here!!! I never knew that the best thing in my life was waiting for me in Idaho and she kept knocking on my door..... So sorry that I wasted all those days not letting you in, but the last 11 years have been the best of my life!!!! I love you dearly and am so blessed to have a soul sister in you!!!! Thank you Nicole, that has made this mess that I find myself in not so stressful. I can pack another room and smile while I am doing it!!! You are the best!!!!♥