Thursday, September 25, 2008

What do you Celebrate? Rain maybe?

We went to the Women's Fitness Celebration on Saturday and walked the 5K. Yes, we did it in the rain. It was so funny! It rained all Friday night and I kept saying, "Surely it won't rain anymore, it never rains in Boise very long." When we got in the car at 7:00 am it looked pretty bleak outside and there was thunder roaring and lightning streaking the sky. I turned to my ya-ya sister and said, "I'm sure this will stop before we start walking." I mean really, she came all the way from Utah to visit and this was her first time doing the fitness celebration. We went over and picked up our third participant and drove on to the mall.

My cell phone starts ringing and I answer to my crazy friend who says, "I'm not sure if we are coming there is a lot of thunder out there." I told her to quit being a chicken and get with the program. She said she was on her way. As we sit in the parking lot at the mall awaiting the other 6 participants in our party thunder roars and a huge lightning bolt crashes across the sky. My cell phone starts ringing again. I answer and all I can hear is "Yeah, we're out!" So now we are a party of 3. We board the bus to go downtown for the walk and as soon as we exit it begins to rain. We pull out our umbrellas and say, "Surely it won't rain long, it's Boise!" 2 hours and 2.3 miles later it is still raining and we are soaked to the bone. We had such a fun time though. We grabbed our free-bee breakfast at the park and headed for the shuttles back to the mall. That was the least I have seen of Ann Morrison park after a 5K walk in the last 10 years, but I had seen enough rain.

Well here's to next year. Surely it won't rain again, its Boise right?!

5 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

It rained that long? It's a good thing you had such a good attitude. Were there many people there?

Shandy said...

Nicole - that's hilarious! (your writing... not doing the celebration walk - LOL)
glad you can laugh about it.. after all, it is Boise :)

Busy Lady said...

Jamie-

There were so many people there that I was astounded. I guess a little rain doesn't deter a bunch of very determined women and neither does a lot of rain!!!

-Nicole

Starnes fam said...

Good for you for at least getting out there! It's more then I can claim!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

We are plaqued with rain. Everywhere we go it rains. I think we could turn that into a good side buisness. JK:>