Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun!


Last year about a week before Halloween we went to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins and it was absolutely freezing. I rushed the kids through the patches and told them just to grab whatever pumpkin they saw. We sat on the hay ride shivering and tried to smile for the camera but it was impossible. After we paid we sat at the picnic tables to have a snack and our hot cocoa turned cold in just moments. I was so miserable that we were barely there for an hour and I wanted to go home.
This year I approached the experience with much more wisdom. Yes it is only September 29th, but who says you can go pumpkin hunting in September? It was absolutely gorgeous outside, sunny and 75 degrees. I thought we were in California again. The hay ride was glorious, we walked through the pumpkin patches taking our time to pick out the perfect pumpkin. The kids rode rides, we took our time weighing and paying for our pumpkins. We sat down at the picnic tables and had popcorn, donuts, and icy cold sodas. It was a joyous family night out and I left there after 2 hours with a huge smile on my face. Obviously I don't like being cold. I highly recommend Linder Farms to anyone who wants to enjoy a family night, but don't wait too long the cold weather will be here shortly. We already have our pumpkins though and I couldn't be happier!!

3 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Look at you guys. I cannot get over how handsome the kids are and ait B is not handsome she is adorable. I think you beat me. I have nothing remotely festive up cause I thought it was going in a truck.....I guess we will have to work on that one.

Shandy said...

what a wise, wise woman you are!!! we froze last year (and it was raining! LOL) so I might just have to follow your example and do it earlier this year :)
What great pics of the family :)

Starnes fam said...

Great idea to do it early! Last year we too froze our faces off. It was miserable!