Monday, October 27, 2008

GO MAVS!

Mountain View's marching band did so well at the District III competition on Saturday! They won first place in their division for percussion, marching, and music, second place for auxiliary (color guard) and second place overall (that is against 30 other schools). They were so awesome to watch!!

Their band director was so cute, she was jumping up and down and going "whew!" and that is something because if you know her she is very reserved and doesn't get too excited very often. It was such a great night for this marching band who have worked incredibly hard since August! My son is going to be so happy to have a much deserved break for a few months (after practice 2-3 times a week, games and competitions) until pep band starts. I am so proud of my musical son! Go Mavericks!!!

4 comments:

Shandy said...

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!
wow - that is quite the time commitment they put into it!
I can imagine you are one proud mama :)

and ps: L.O.V.E. the new family photo (BOTH up top and on the side!! they look really terrific!)

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Congratulations, that's awesome! I love your new family pictures too! These fall pictures are all turning out so cute.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Holy Cow is that really you guys???!!!! Alright I need to get going on "the firm" too cause our family pictures NEVER look like that. It gets uglier every year. She did a good job too. I love them - so do I finally get one too????
So happy for trumpet boy. He works so hard and so glad that is it worth it too....

Amber said...

I also LOVE the family photo! Way to go Skyler! It is such a great young man, I hope mine grow up like him. Do you do seminars on how to raise them boys?